Hearty Fish Pie
- 600 g Potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp Skimmed Milk
- 500 ml Skimmed Milk
- 3 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cube Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 300 g Cod skinned and cubed
- 300 g Haddock skinned and cubed
- 125 g Peas
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Mash until smooth. Mix in the milk. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Put the milk into a saucepan with the butter and flour. Bring slowly to the boil, whisking frequently until smooth and thickened.
- Crumble in the stock cube and mix in the herbs. Season to taste.
- Put the fish cubes into the sauce and mix in the peas. Then pour this into a shallow ovenproof pie dish.
- Spoon over the potatoes in dollops and then smooth them out with a fork so that they are level. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Save time with our handy printable Shopping List!